Saturday, May 31, 2014

Review: AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel


This review might be a bit odd from my normal ones. Usually I have the full sized items and can tell you how long they last and show you the packaging for them. This one actually came in a mini-set with three other items so you can test and see if you really like it before making the large purchase. I received this set as a gratis piece for winning a fragrance contest and I would like to make that clear right now that I did not actually purchase this. I will be making a review on each of the items and summarize the box and if it's worth in the end!

Product Info:
AmorePacific
Treatment Enzyme Peel
.2oz/7g

Where to get it (Full-size):
AmorePacific: 60.00 (Or if you're in South Korea, you can grab this baby for around $50)
Sephora: 60.00 (They offer yearly 15-20% off discount)
Nordstrom: 60.00
Neiman Marcus: 60.00

Description: 
"This exfoliator helps brighten and even skin tone without chemical abrasives. Natural papaya enzymes work to eliminate dry, dull surface cells and toxins to reveal a soft and smooth complexion. It improves penetration of other treatment products due to removal of dead surface cells."

Claims:
-Helps Brighten and even skin tone
-Provides a soft and smooth complexion
-Helps the penetration of other treatment products

Ingredients:
Lactose, Mannitol, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate, Dextrin, Aqua/Water/Eau, Zeolite, Silica, Betaine, Allantoin, Papain, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PEG-75, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Parfum/Fragrance, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Green 3 (CI 42053)

Scent:
If you've ever smelled 212 Carolina Herrera For Women, that is exactly what this line smells like. It smells like absolute heaven personally. Once I smelled the fragrance while working I was just so amazed! I kept walking back and forth between fragrances and the AmorePacific set just to make sure and yes, they smell the same! I must say I picked up a new fragrance that day~ It does have added fragrance in the ingredients and the smell can be quite strong so if you're sensitive to added parfum, you may want to try out a sample before purchasing.

Packaging:
The full sized product unscrews and allows only a certain amount of product so you're not overusing or not using enough. When I first tried this out I wasn't exactly sure of how much to use this the baby version's top completely unscrews off. Even though it's a deluxe sample, it still looks elegant and classy and I wouldn't expect anything less from AP. On the back of the bottle it does have a description of what it does as well as instructions. Fairly straight-forward!





Swatch: 
Again, the full-size does have a lid that measures exactly how much to use so you're not wasting product while this one just completely unscrews. It can take a bit of getting used to, to measuring how much powder to how much water (you only need the smallest amount of water) you need to get that wonderful lather but once you've got it down it'll become second nature! The lather is quite thick at first but when you start massaging it on your face it quickly disappears, which doesn't bother me. There is no burning, stinging, harsh scrubbing or any other unpleasant sensation (and I've gotten this stuff in my eyes before as you can see in the photos) with this peel, which is wonderful! Plus it's super quick and only requires a 45 second massage for it to work. I've used the Brazilian Peel and the first time I used it, it stung. A lot. I mean, I got lovely results but I was seriously afraid my skin was going to fall off (it never did ;D). Every so often it'll feel like I have grits on my face or when I have super dry skin I can slightly feel it getting smoother but it feels just like washing your face in all honesty.




I got it in my eyes as you can see, doesn't hurt!
I don't recommend trying it out.
This was totally on accident and I was only trying to show the lack of lather.
Results: 
Almost immediately after washing it off you can feel a difference in softness of the skin. After a few uses there's a definite visible change in the skin. I feel like after using this, what break outs I did get have been drastically reduced. Whenever I try out a product that has broken me out or when the change of seasons comes about and my skin goes crazy I then always come back to this peel and line. I feel like it helps correct the imbalance and damage done to my skin. It's just that wonderful! Now, if only it were a bit cheaper it'd be a match made in heaven~! I've had this set for almost four months and have barely scratched the surface with this peel so it's definitely long lasting.

Pros:
-Brightens skin after a few uses
-Long Lasting (little amount is needed)
-Excellent exfoliator
-Quick to use (45 second massage)

Cons:
-Expensive to purchase the full size


Rating: 8/10
I really love everything about this peel. It works and smells wonderfully and does everything it claims to do. There's zero hassle with it as it's super straight forward and easy to use. My only problem is that it can be quite expensive but Sephora does have it's yearly VIB discount so it can be taken down to $48. I've gone through other exfoliators a few times over and still have this one and quite a bit left of it if that tells you anything. The AmorePacific rep I used to work with said on average, this will last 1-1.5 years. Not bad, eh?


Please check out the reviews for the rest of the box:
Treatment Cleansing Foam
Treatment Toner (Alcohol-free Freshener)
Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel

No comments:

Post a Comment