Thursday, May 1, 2014

Review: Skin79's Sweet Honey Sugar Scrub

I've been starting to get really low on my Black Sugar Scrub from SkinFood and thought it was about time to venture out and get a new one as there's so many wonderful products to keep trying! I stopped by Pretty&Cute while getting some groceries and saw this was on sale (box was dinged up) and grabbed it.

Product Info:
Skin79 Sweet Honey Sugar Scrub
100ml

Where to get it:
RoseRoseShop: On sale for 7.80
Skin79: On sale for 9.99
Pretty&Cute: 14.00 (I got mine for 12.60 as the box was slightly damaged)
Newegg: 15.99
W2Beauty: 21.11

Description:
"This scrub results in the acceleration of the skin's rejuvenation process. The ingredients including brown sugar granulated are neutral and non-irritation and provide a deep cleansing action. This scrub with brown sugar and honey will gently improve impure and dull, dry skin for improved clarity and healthy circulation."


Claims:
-Exfoliates
-Shrink and tighten pores
-Absorb excess oils
-Brighten complexion

Ingredients:
Sucrose, Mineral Oil, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycerin, Olea Europara (Olive) Fruit Oil, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polysorbate 20. Trihydroxystearin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ceresin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Honey Extract, heobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Propylene Carbonate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, BHT, Fragance, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract.


Scent:
It' a very warm gentle honey scent which makes me want warm tea and cookies. It's got a little sweetness in it as well and does linger a bit even after it's washed off.

Packaging:
Every time I think I can spot a Skin79 package I'm completely wrong. They've come in glass packages, plastic bottles and now plastic tubs.  The jar itself is very sturdy and thick, which is excellent as I keep mine in the shower. I really like the cursive writing on the top of the white twist off lid as looks really nice and classy, but my favorite part (well besides the product)? It would definitely have to be the bottom. It's got a really pretty green/brown/purple duo-chrome finish and reminds me of Blue Brown pigment by M.A.C. Why isn't a green/brown pigment a thing because it needs to be! Once you open the lid, there's the usual clear protective seal to help keep the elements out of the jar and under that is the scrub. Both the box and the jar are almost completely in English for once and there's only a few bits of Korean - How to use (which is already in English), the main ingredients and the size of the jar.







Swatch:
The scrub itself is quite thick and grainy like most sugar scrubs. The only difference is when used with water this one melts super, super fast. I personally like to take a small bit and scrub and scrub over the more dry areas of my face before using a small bit of water to melt the sugar granules.

Before adding water

After adding water
Results:
After a single use my skin was  noticeably softer and smoother. The dry flakes that might have been there the day before are gone now and my skin is left ready to go out into the world all nice again. I use it twice a week to keep my skin looking bright and healthy. I use this in the summer when it's not so dry and my skin isn't shriveling up in the cold winter winds which is when I use my SkinFood Black Sugar Scrub, but right now in this weather? It's perfect~ It's also a pretty good deal for how much you get and is easily accessible again when pan is hit. It's also quite wonderful to use on the rest of the body, especially feet! I'd also like to mention that when looking at products I never pay any attention to if it's going to "shrink" my pores are not. Pores are not muscles; the size is determined genetically so they cannot shrink over time with use of products. They can get larger though as we age, popping acne as well as sun damage. Yes, I think they can be less visible with primers and such but when a product is marketed especially for getting rid of those pesky pores, I ignore it.

Pros:
-Great exfoliator
-Moisturizing
-Keeps skin bright
-Easily available
-Inexpensive to replace
-Gentle enough to use on the body

Cons:
-Not strong enough for winter use


Rating: 8/10
I love the packaging and how luxurious this feels on my skin but I'm not particularly fond of the fact that I have to use different scrubs for different times of the year. I find this one a bit more moisturizing than the SkinFood one and this one is gentle enough for my feet! I guess I'll just have two routines as the pros do outweigh the cons and plus...I'm almost out! It's lasted almost three months now :)


Translations:
I didn't do the entire thing as most of it was in English already but a main point I saw on there was how much of the main ingredients there were.

"Ingredients: 35% Sucrose, 0.5% Honey Extract, Propylparaben"

1 comment:

  1. sweet sugar scrub we can make at home but the features you have described here are superb.

    ReplyDelete